Mark your calendars! The Community Speaker Series 2018/19 season final event is just around the corner:
A New Documentary Film Raising Awareness Around Anxiety
4/17/19 9:30 – 11:30 am The Community House
4/17/19 7:00 – 9:00 pm Hinsdale South Auditorium
Angst features candid interviews with kids and young adults who suffer, or have suffered, from anxiety and what they’ve learned about it. The film includes discussion with mental health experts about the causes of anxiety and its sociological effects, as well as help, resources and tools. Watch the trailer here: https://angstmovie.com. Audience Guidelines: Parents, educators, students, and members of the community can benefit from this film. (Appropriate for ages 10 years+).
After the 43 minute film, Dr. John Duffy will lead discussion about anxiety. Dr. Duffy is a highly sought-after clinical psychologist, best-selling author, certified life coach, and parenting and relationship expert.
The program is free and open to all, but space is limited. If you are interested in attending, please register in advance by going to www.d181foundation.org and clicking The Community Speaker link on the homepage. Or use the registration links below:
Morning Program – The Community House
Evening Program – Hinsdale South Auditorium
What Happens Next?
Join us on Wednesday, March 13th at 9am, for our next PTO meeting. We will be joined by Dr. Bruce Law and future superintendent Tammy Prentiss, who will share information about the upcoming referendum, including what happens after the referendum. If the referendum passes, what happens next? When will construction start? When will it be completed? If the referendum does not pass, when will the cuts be implemented?
Get your questions answered and meet our new superintendent!
The PTO business meeting will start at 9am, in The Community Room at Hinsdale Central High School. Dr. Law will begin speaking at 9:30am.
Please join us! Community members welcome.
More information about the referendum can be found here
Its Been On Your To-Do List – Just Do It! Volunteer & Make a Donation to the Prom Parent Committee Today!!!
Our donations total $11,840 – we are less than 1/2 of the way to our $30,000 goal
Dear Hinsdale Central Families:
We are looking for donations, chaperones and volunteers from parents of FRESHMAN, SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS & SENIORS to support Post Prom and the Prom Red Carpet Event. This communication will help you understand why we solicit from parents of underclassmen and why your help is needed.
Prom night consists of 3 events: Red Carpet, Prom and Post Prom
- RED CARPET (hosted by Parents)
- Parents decorate the HC Gym with Red Carpet Photo Stations
- Prom goers and their families are invited to Red Carpet one hour before the Prom busses depart HC to take photos
- Prom (hosted by the school) is a formal dinner dance at Navy Pier’s Crystal Gardens
- POST PROM (hosted by Parents)
- A skyline cruise aboard The Odyssey immediately following the dance
- Dancing, karaoke and refreshments are provided during the chaperoned, alcohol-free, 5-star cruise. Hinsdale Police and Parent volunteers chaperone.
- Following, students board busses back to Hinsdale Central, arriving home around 3 a.m.
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION:
- Our fundraising goal is $30,000
- Red Carpet is 100% funded by this budget, there is no fee to attend
- A Post Prom ticket has been $35
- Traditionally over 95% of Prom goers attend Post Prom
- This fundraising covers approximately half of the ACTUAL Odyssey ticket price and allows us to keep this ticket price low at $35
- This budget fully pays for students that aren’t able to afford a ticket
- Donated funds underwrite costs for the classes ’20, ’21 & ’22
PLEASE CONSIDER BEING A RED CARPET VOLUNTEER:
Volunteers are needed to decorate the HC gym on May 4th
PARENTS OF UNDERCLASSMEN: PLEASE CONSIDER BEING A POST PROM CHAPERONE:
- Chaperones meet at Hinsdale Central at 10:30 pm and are bused to Navy Pier
- Chaperones manage Odyssey student check in and walk around to make sure everyone is safely having a great time.
- Everyone boards the buses around 2:30 am to return to Hinsdale Central
- Grab some friends and volunteer – it’s a fun sneak peek to Prom!
- 4 – 5 Hinsdale Police Officers also chaperone
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR DONATION AND VOLUNTEER:
We hope that every Hinsdale Central family will choose to contribute to this safe and fun tradition!
It’s time for our March Spiritwear Sale. We will be selling our full line of Hinsdale Central items – including the restocked sherpas and hoodies – on Tuesday March 19th from 7:30am – 12:30pm in the hall near the front entrance to the school. We accept cash, checks and credit cards. Please note that we need to pass along the 3% credit card fee.
The Boosters of HCHS is raising money to support the various sport teams, clubs and activities at Hinsdale Central by conducting a Graduation Reserved Seating and Parking raffle. Four lucky winners will each receive the package of one reserved parking space and a reserved seating for five people at Hinsdale Central’s graduation on May 22, 2019. Participants must be 18 or older.
The sale of raffle tickets will start on March 1 – 31. Each ticket is sold for $ 20.00. An extra ticket will be added for every $100 purchase.
Please buy your raffle tickets online at www.theboosters.com/raffle