A recent poll of mental health providers currently included on The Parent List (a Hinsdale Central PTO parent resource), indicates that most have switched over to teletherapy (phone and/or video sessions) to treat their patients during the current pandemic.
The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for children and teens.
Not all children and teens respond to stress in the same way. Watch for behavior changes in your child that include:
- Excessive crying or irritation in younger children
- Returning to behaviors they have outgrown (for example, toileting accidents or bedwetting)
- Excessive worry or sadness
- Unhealthy eating or sleeping habits
- Irritability and “acting out” behaviors in teens
- Poor school performance or avoiding school
- Difficulty with attention and concentration
- Avoidance of activities enjoyed in the past
- Unexplained headaches or body pain
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
Questions about The Parent List can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In no way does the Hinsdale Central PTO, Hinsdale Central High School staff, school districts 86 or 181 endorse or recommend any specific provider reviewed on The Parent List. The Parent List is a subjective forum set up by the Hinsdale Central PTO for your convenience. Parents and guardians are solely responsible for deciding to use any of the service providers on The Parent List in any capacity, and district 86, district 181 and the Hinsdale Central PTO disclaim all liability for any damages, injuries, losses, expenses, or claims of any kind arising out of the provision of services by anyone or any agency appearing on The Parent List.