Its Been On Your To-Do List – Just Do It! Volunteer & Make a Donation to the Prom Parent Committee Today!!!
Our donations total $11,840 – we are less than 1/2 of the way to our $30,000 goal
Dear Hinsdale Central Families:
We are looking for donations, chaperones and volunteers from parents of FRESHMAN, SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS & SENIORS to support Post Prom and the Prom Red Carpet Event. This communication will help you understand why we solicit from parents of underclassmen and why your help is needed.
Prom night consists of 3 events: Red Carpet, Prom and Post Prom
- RED CARPET (hosted by Parents)
- Parents decorate the HC Gym with Red Carpet Photo Stations
- Prom goers and their families are invited to Red Carpet one hour before the Prom busses depart HC to take photos
- Prom (hosted by the school) is a formal dinner dance at Navy Pier’s Crystal Gardens
- POST PROM (hosted by Parents)
- A skyline cruise aboard The Odyssey immediately following the dance
- Dancing, karaoke and refreshments are provided during the chaperoned, alcohol-free, 5-star cruise. Hinsdale Police and Parent volunteers chaperone.
- Following, students board busses back to Hinsdale Central, arriving home around 3 a.m.
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION:
- Our fundraising goal is $30,000
- Red Carpet is 100% funded by this budget, there is no fee to attend
- A Post Prom ticket has been $35
- Traditionally over 95% of Prom goers attend Post Prom
- This fundraising covers approximately half of the ACTUAL Odyssey ticket price and allows us to keep this ticket price low at $35
- This budget fully pays for students that aren’t able to afford a ticket
- Donated funds underwrite costs for the classes ’20, ’21 & ’22
PLEASE CONSIDER BEING A RED CARPET VOLUNTEER:
Volunteers are needed to decorate the HC gym on May 4th
PARENTS OF UNDERCLASSMEN: PLEASE CONSIDER BEING A POST PROM CHAPERONE:
- Chaperones meet at Hinsdale Central at 10:30 pm and are bused to Navy Pier
- Chaperones manage Odyssey student check in and walk around to make sure everyone is safely having a great time.
- Everyone boards the buses around 2:30 am to return to Hinsdale Central
- Grab some friends and volunteer – it’s a fun sneak peek to Prom!
- 4 – 5 Hinsdale Police Officers also chaperone
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR DONATION AND VOLUNTEER:
We hope that every Hinsdale Central family will choose to contribute to this safe and fun tradition!